ZUMATA is a data company that leverages artificial intelligence and machine learning capabilities to provide other companies a set of tools that maximize sales from hotel bookings. We are proud to be the only hotel distribution partner of IBM Watson.
ZUMATA began in year 2010, as a B2B travel technology company that consolidated dozens of hotel suppliers and delivered hotel pricing, availability, and static content to online travel agencies. As a result of the data we have accumulated, we are progressing to apply artificial intelligence to deliver a premium content set, provide the most relevant search results, and facilitate customer service.
ZUMATA’s cutting edge travel technology and consolidated hotel inventory represents over 400,000 properties globally from a large number of suppliers. Accurate mapping and significant supplier overlap allows our partners to achieve lower cost prices, decrease reliance upon any single supplier, and optimize customer conversions.
Whether our partners utilize our custom-made websites that support air, cars, hotels and activities, or if they leverage our powerful hotel API directly, they’ll realize enormous technical savings, operational savings, and dramatically decrease their time to market while also increasing their profit simultaneously.
ZUMATA delivers best-in-class services for corporate travel, reward and loyalty players, travel marketplaces, GDS’s, and just about any form of online and offline travel agent.
Our aim is to make travel personal again.
This means that customers are presented with hotel images, textual descriptions and content, and search results that are truly relevant to their needs.
- To accomplish this goal, the entire customer journey must be assessed. This starts with understanding the static content that is currently available (images, textual content, location data, reviews, sentiment, etc.). Once the data is assembled and understood, customers should be able to input whatever search query they wish.
It also means that customer service questions are answered on-demand, and through the customer’s preferred communication channel.
- When the customer has a pressing question, typically, there are three methods for customer support:
1. Call an 800 number, often times only during business hours, and wait up to 30 minutes to speak with someone.
2. Write an email, and wait 24-48 hours for a reply
3. Type into a ‘live chat’ box, and wait for the agents to address the query as they are simultaneously dealing with several other customers too.
Unfortunately, they are not responsive options…
- Artificial intelligence allows customers access to instant communication any time of day 24×7, through any channel they desire, with the safeguard that they would get transferred to a live person if their query gets too sophisticated.
That’s what we do and we strive to do it very well !
Chief Executive Officer
Since founding the company in 2010, Josh has built the team, driven the technology, and secured the partnerships, clients, and investors that have grown the company. He has 20 years of experience in the hotel industry and has spent the past 13 years in Asia. He holds a Master of International Management from Thunderbird, a MBA from Arizona State University, and an undergraduate degree in Hotel Administration from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Chief Technology Officer
As a co-founder of the company, Gary oversees every aspect of the ZUMATA technology stack and the development team. He brings with him 20+ years of technical experience, 6 of which was spent as Technical Director at Wego.com. He holds a degree from Thomas Edison State University and has attended both University of Texas at Austin and University of Central Florida.
Director Finance and Operations
Waqar brings with him over a decade of Big 4 restructuring and process improvement experience and has helped companies in various industries improve their financial set ups and controls. More recently, he was a Treasurer of a healthcare company in the Silicon Valley. He holds a Masters in Accounting from the University of Texas at Austin.